CHROME INDUSTRIES, INC.
#20 YEARS OF CHROME
OFFICIAL RULESImportant: Please read these rules before entering this Promotion (the "Promotion"). By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
- 1. Eligibility. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND CHROME INDUSTRIES, INC. ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit one entry per person per week of the Promotion Period (as defined below).
- 2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, Instagram, Inc. and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) internet or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- 3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:01 a.m. (all times Pacific Time) on October 5, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 22, 2015 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- 4. Prizes. Each week during the Promtion Period, a first-place winner will receive a $150 Chrome Industries gift card and a second-place winner will receive a $75 Chrome Industries gift card. The gift cards do not expire and may be used to purchase Chrome merchandise at any Chrome HUB or on chromeindustries.com. There will be a total of three first-place winners and three second-place winners. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may feature certain of the winners' Submissions (as defined below) in Sponsor's social media channels and other promotional materials.
- 5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within 30 days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize, or cash where required by law. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- 6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram.com account used for entry. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the Instagram.com account associated with the winning entry.
- 7. How to Enter.
- • Tag your posts #20years of Chrome and @chrome_industries.
- • Your Instagram posts (photos and text) are referred to herein as your “Submission”.
- • Your Instagram.com account must be public in order to enter.
During Week 1 of the Promotion Period (October 5, 2015 – October 8, 2015), post a photo on Instagram.com of items your oldest Chrome product and tell us where you bought it.
During Week 2 of the Promotion Period (October 12, 2015 – October 15, 2015), post your best photo on Instagram.com of your favorite, in-use vintage Chrome product.
During Week 3 of the Promotion Period (October 19, 2015 – October 22, 2015), post a photo on Instagram.com of your most beat-up Chrome product and tell us how it got that way.
- 9. License to Submissions. By entering the Promotion, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof, for any commercial or non-commerical purposes, including advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, and to incorporate your Submission, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission or to return any Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
- 10. Original Work of Authorship. You hereby warrant and represent that you own all rights in and to all Submissions submitted by you (including, without limitation, all copyright and other intellectual property rights) and all such Submissions are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- 11. No Instagram Endorsement. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Inc.
- 12. General Release. By entering the Promotion, release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- 13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, INSTALLATION OF ANY PRIZE, OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING PROVIDED FOR THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING ANY EQUIPMENT, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- 14. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winners' name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- 16. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- 17. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send an email to Sponsor at email@example.com. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 18. Intellectual Property. Chrome, 20 Years of Chrome and #20years of Chrome are trademarks of Chrome Industries, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2015 by Chrome Industries, Inc. All rights reserved.
- 19. Governing Law. The state or federal courts in San Francisco County, California will have exclusive jurisdiction over any suit. The Promotion and these Official Rules, including any disputes hereunder, will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. Whether the dispute is heard in arbitration or in court, you and Sponsor will not commence against the other a class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
- 20. Miscellaneous. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please email them to email@example.com.
- 21. Sponsor: Chrome Industries, Inc., 580 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.